Leaders are needed to be responsible for a troop and to be assistant troop leaders and even mom volunteers to a troop.
Troop Leaders will get training and assistance from Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Council and the Framingham Service Unit.
Troop leaders have the flexability to set meeting dates and times.
Leaders are especially need for Daisy & Brownie Scout levels.
Consider volunteering to to run or co-leader your daughter's troop.
Experience is not required.
Need more reasons to be a leader? Click on the link below for 50 more reasons:
HAVE A GIRL WHO WANTS TO BE A SCOUT?
Framingham Girl Scouts is open to girls ages 5-17 (Kindergarten through grade 12).
* The registration year is from October 1 through September 30.
* A parent or guardian signature is required on each girl's registration form.
* The annual membership fee is $10 person (financial aid is available on request). Each individual troop may require an additional fee per meeting or per year.
* Checks should be made payable to Eastern Massachusetts Girl Scout Council.
* Girls are divided into Daisy-Brownie-Junior-Cadet-Senior troops based on age/grade level.
*Girls may join an existing troop, if space is available.
* New troops may form throughout the year, and every effort will be made to place each girl in a troop.
* If no troop is available for a girl, she may register as a "Juliette" Girl Scout. This enables her to attend Framingham-wide events (like roller skating or bowling activities) as well as council events (including camps).
** Adults/parents who wish to attend a meeting or an event must register as a volunteer with Girl Scouts, including paying the $12 membership fee.
Media Manager, Framingham Service Unit
NOTE: Updated Sept. 2009